|These are organic herbs like rosemary, lemon thyme and others that are grown at Stone Barnes Agricultural Center in Pocantico Hills in Westchester. The farm is a non profit and it boasts organic produce and free range poultry and eggs.|
|Can you guess how many calories would be in this much meat and cheese? No carbs, though, no buns.|
|An anorexic teen afraid of the fats.|
|Taken from the Georgia obesity campaign of a few years ago. A tween unhappy with her weight.|
Have you weighed yourself recently? When I feel weight gain, I avoid the scale. Too much reality.
I am reminded of the words to "All Along the Watchtower" by Bob Dylan.
"There must be some way out of here," said the joker to the thief,
"There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief."
|This was in Capri in 2006. I weighed 190. Then I gained it back by 2008 and weighed 220, a chronic yo-yo.|
|This was taken in Florida. My BMI is 21 at 5'5.6"|
- Meditate, find quiet time with yourself to work through emotional issues which most likely are causing stressful eating. Weight gain is an emotional and psychological issue that must be confronted.
- Drink water, preferably clean and assume you are thirsty when "hunger pangs" strike.
- Confront food cravings and work through them by breathing deeply first then reaching for something to drink, preferably water or a non sugary, non diet drink.
- Create your own plans if you wish to lose weight. Don't stress over them if you don't. Your plan is the best. It comes from you and will empower and strengthen your will.
- Weight maintenance and lifestyle change is lifelong. Be your own best advocate and don't worry.
CAVEAT: SUPER WORD OF WISDOM.
Weigh yourself weekly or daily, whichever works best, once you have lost your weight and achieved your target goal. BEWARE FAT ATTACKS! Click here to read about MINE.
|This was in the midst of a full blown FAT ATTACK I am still trying to overcome. BMI 21. (I was down to 19).|